How does it work?
Intensive leadership training in 5-week institutes in the United States for BOLD members age 18-25 in the theme of civic engagement or economic development. If you have an idea about how to make a difference in your community click on the links below to apply!
18-25 Years old
5 weeks on a U.S. Campus
10 Participants from accross BiH
BOLD Academic Fellowships on
The BOLD Institute on Civic Engagement will take place for five weeks at University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO), located in Omaha, Nebraska, United States. The Institute will run from August 14 to September 18, and includes an educational tour of New York City and Washington, DC. Expert faculty and facilitators will provide instruction, hands-on leadership development, and cultural experiences for the ten participants. Students will develop action plans based on project ideas to improve BiH in the areas of human rights, environmental conservation, education, political involvement, animal rights, and any other area that will help strengthen community and democracy.
- Young adult 18-26 years of age.
- Must have a permanent residence in BiH.
- Must be a current student or a recent university graduate in BiH.
Visit the UNO website for more information and to apply for this opportunity. Download the Application
The application deadline is March 15,2023.
BOLD Academic Fellowships on
The BOLD Academic Fellowship on Economic Development will provide 5 weeks of in-depth entrepreneurship training and development of hands-on leadership skills in New York State with the Network 20/20 organization. This will be an opportunity to develop your ideas for an enterprise, startup, or any other project that will help grow the economy of BiH.
For more details and to apply for this fellowship visit the Network 20/20 website.
Watch this space for the next opportunity
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
- Any BOLD member who is age 18-25. The most qualified applicants will have innovative ideas or an active project with the aim of making a difference in the civic engagement or the economic development of their community. Applicants should tell us what you are working on!
Do I need a visa to travel to the United States?
- Yes, the U.S. Embassy will assist with the visa application process, but there is no guarantee that you will be granted a visa. If, according to U.S. immigration law, you are ineligible for a visa, you will not be able to attend the program.
What if I am still 17 years old or over 25 years old?
- Applicants must be between 17-25 on the date the application is due to participate. If you are not yet old enough, use this time to develop your leadership ideas and skills! If you are older than 25 consider applying for a Professional Fellowship.
Do I have to be a member of BOLD to apply for an Academic Fellowship?
- Yes! It’s easy. Just sign up on this website.
How long are the institutes?
- They are 5-6 weeks at an institution in the United States
How much experience do I have to have to be selected for a BOLD Academic Fellowship?
- There is no standard requirement, but the BOLD program wants to support real projects that young leaders will put into action to make a difference in their communities. The most effective and innovative ideas that are the most likely to actually happen will be the most qualified.
How will I know when the next opportunity to apply for an Academic Fellowship will be?
- We will notify all BOLD members on the website and through social media. Be sure to follow us at <BOLD FB page> and <BOLD LinkedIn>
Are you between 18-35 years old and live in Bosnia & Herzegovina?
BOLD is a project of the U.S. Embassy in BiH to provide hands-on training and experience for emerging young leaders age 18-35 across BiH.