Initiatives Grant Competition
How does it work?
Are you ready to make your ideas about improved communities and economy in BiH reality? BOLD Initiatives will provide seed funding for the most innovative and effective projects of BOLD leaders in the areas of civic engagement and economic development. We are looking for the best projects, large or small, that will have the most impact and make the biggest difference in local communities. Watch for our announcement of the competition and apply with your ideas to help lead the change for improved communities!
BOLD Initiatives Civic Engagement Grant Competition:
BOLD Initiatives Economic Development Grant Competition:
25-35 Years old
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
- Any member of BOLD can lead a team of people to administer the grant and run the project.
Are there reporting requirements for these funds?
- Yes, you will need to report four times throughout the grant period about how you are spending the money and the goals you are achieving, including a final report about the impact that your efforts had.
What kind of projects will be selected?
- Projects that are most likely to effectively improve civic engagement in communities or help improve the economy of BiH will be selected. Ideas should be well thought out, with a thorough budget proposal and a realistic timeline, so that the written grant proposal effectively demonstrates how your good ideas will become reality.
How much money will be granted?
- The amount is to be determined and will be announced at the time the competition opens.
How many grants will be awarded?
- There is no specific number. It depends on the funds available and the quality of the proposals we receive.
How much time is given to implement the grant?
- There is one year allowed to implement your idea after the first tranche of money is allotted.
Are you between 18-35 years old and live in Bosnia & Herzegovina?
BOLD is a project of the U.S. Embassy in BiH to provide hands-on training and experience for emerging young leaders age 18-35 across BiH.