BOLD Initiatives Grant Competition
How does it work?
The grant competition is now OPEN! So, get your BOLD initiatives down on paper and submit them to info@BOLD.ba by March 21, 2022.
The BOLD Initiatives small grant competition is open to any BOLD member age 18-35. We are accepting proposals for projects on the theme of economic development and civic engagement and will select the most innovative projects that will have the best outcomes for communities in BiH.
Think about what problem in your community you want to address, what you would like to do to address that problem, and the time and resources you will need to do it. We will be awarding grants up to $15,000 USD, but we are not necessarily looking for the biggest projects. We want to support projects large and small that envision the most effective and realistic project to improve your community.
Visit the U.S. Embassy website to get all of the details and to download a grant application. To be accepted, all submissions must include:
- A complete project proposal (6 pages maximum), in either English or b/c/s, including a full budget in USD. The proposal should contain sufficient information that anyone not familiar with it would understand exactly what the applicant wants to do.
- SF-424B I-(Assurances for Non-Construction Programs-Individual)
- SF-424 I (Application for Federal Assistance – Individual)
- SF424A (Budget Information for Non-Construction programs)
The BEST applications will clearly connect the outcomes you hope to achieve with these funds and explain how what you plan to do will achieve those outcomes. We look forward to seeing your ideas by March 21, 2022!
18-35 Years old
by March 21, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
- Any member of BOLD can lead a team of people to administer the grant and run the project.
Are there reporting requirements for these funds?
- Yes, you will need to report four times throughout the grant period about how you are spending the money and the goals you are achieving, including a final report about the impact that your efforts had.
What kind of projects will be selected?
- Projects that are most likely to effectively improve civic engagement in communities or help improve the economy of BiH will be selected. Ideas should be well thought out, with a thorough budget proposal and a realistic timeline, so that the written grant proposal effectively demonstrates how your good ideas will become reality.
How much money will be granted?
- The amount is to be determined and will be announced at the time the competition opens.
How many grants will be awarded?
- There is no specific number. It depends on the funds available and the quality of the proposals we receive.
How much time is given to implement the grant?
- There is one year allowed to implement your idea after the first tranche of money is allotted.
Are you between 18-35 years old and live in Bosnia & Herzegovina?
BOLD is a project of the U.S. Embassy in BiH to provide hands-on training and experience for emerging young leaders age 18-35 across BiH.