How does it work?
Young professionals, age 25-35, will get the opportunity to work alongside experts in the same field and receive intensive leadership training to help develop project ideas for improving the economy and communities across BiH. If you want your professional goals to improve your community or have a project idea click on the links below to apply!
25-35 Years old
BOLD Professional Fellowship on
Community Solutions Program – providing community leaders, 25 years and older, from 94 countries in all regions of the world with a four-month professional development experience in the United States that includes a 35-hour per week practicum at a U.S. host organization and a 10-hour per week leadership development course. Community Solutions fellows then return home to implement a six-month community action project that leverages the knowledge, skills, and network that fellows developed in the United States.
- August – December 2021: Community Solutions Practicum in the United States
- January – June 2022: Completion of follow-on community projects in BiH
Visit http://bit.ly/csp2021apply to apply. Application deadline is October 28, 2020 by 11:59 p.m. EST
BOLD Professional Fellowship on
Travel to the US and gain experience in technology and entrepreneurship! The US Dept. of State, along with WorldChicago, has introduced dozens of international Tech and Entrepreneurship leaders to our city’s thriving ecosystem through the Professional Fellows Program. Continuing in Fall 2020, or Spring 2021 depending on developments related to the coronavirus outbreak), 20 new fellows from Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia, North Macedonia, and Montenegro will spend a month in Chicago embedded with startups, incubators, and innovation hubs all around the city.
The deadline for this opportunity has passed. Please stay connected to learn about future opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
- Any BOLD member who is age 25-35. The most qualified applicants will be those who are seeking for ways in which they can best utilize their professional skills and experience to make a difference in the civic engagement or the economic development of their community.
How much experience do I have to have to be selected for a BOLD Professional Fellowship?
- There is no standard requirement, but the BOLD program wants to support young professional leaders who seek to use their skills and experience to improve communities in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The most qualified applicants will have an effective and innovative vision for how to use use their profession to lead BiH communities forward.
Do I have to be a member of BOLD to apply for a Professional Fellowship?
- Yes! It’s easy. Just sign up on this website.
Do I need a visa to travel to the United States?
- Yes, the U.S. Embassy will assist with the visa application process, but there is no guarantee that you will be granted a visa. If, according to U.S. immigration law, you are ineligible for a visa, you will not be able to attend the program.
What if I am over 35 years old?
- Applicants must be between 25-35 on the date the application is due to participate. If you are older than 35 consider leading the next generation of leaders by being a BOLD Mentor!
Are you between 18-35 years old and live in Bosnia & Herzegovina?
BOLD is a project of the U.S. Embassy in BiH to provide hands-on training and experience for emerging young leaders age 18-35 across BiH.